This week marked a milestone as the 60-day countdown began until the second annual #GivingTuesday. This year #GivingTuesday will fall on December 3, kicking off the holiday giving season following widely recognized shopping days in the U.S., Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This global day dedicated to charitable giving will harness the power of social media and the generosity of people around the globe to bring about real change in their communities and beyond.
Last week, we announced exciting news: #GivingTuesday is going global! The number of non-profits and businesses joining the movement is growing toward the goal of 5,000 partners, including multinational corporations and major philanthropic organizations. With the partnership of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and #GivingTuesday leaders in Mexico, Singapore, Australia, Canada and more, #GivingTuesday will go from a movement that largely took place in the United States last year to a global phenomenon that will reach around the world.
In case you missed the latest news, here is a roundup of some great stories and tips:
- Move over Black Friday: Giving Tuesday comes to Canada – by QMI Agency, Sault Star, Canada
- #GivingTuesday Goes Global, Partners from around the Globe Join the 60-Day Countdown to December 3, 2013 by The Jet Newspaper, Fiji’s First Community Newspaper
- Top Tips for Engaging Donors During #GivingTuesday by Robert Evans and Avrum Lapin, eJewish Philanthropy
- #GivingTuesday Goes Global, Partners From Around the Globe Join the 60-day Countdown to Decmber 3, 2013. by All Africa
- 8 Essential Steps to Get Your Nonprofit Ready for Giving Tuesday by Taylor Corrado, Hubspot
- Australia Joins Giving Tuesday Worldwide by Pro Bono Australia
- #GivingTuesday by Marc A. Pitman, Social Media Explorer, Makerspace
- Razoo Launches National Giving Competition for #GivingTuesday by Fort Mills Times
- Connections: #GivingTuesday – Bishop’s Office – NCCUMC by Bishop Ward, North Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Top Three Tips for Giving Tuesday 2013 by The EHL Consulting Group
- Charitybuzz – #GivingTuesday – by C.C. Chapman, Social Media Explorer
- Q & A with #Giving Tuesday by The Desert Charities News