Throughout my summer internship at the UN Foundation, I have had the pleasure of being exposed to the many ways in which the Foundation is engaging with and for young people. From our stellar Girl Up Teen Advisors advocating for girls around the world to the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves’ commitment to keeping kids healthy and safe from indoor air pollution, the campaigns I work for inspire me every day to try and work toward a better future for people everywhere.
I am thrilled to see how my generation is making a difference around the world! But the work does not stop there. Everybody can get involved in the important work the campaigns do every day:
- Watch the Better World Campaign’s “My World. My UN.” video and join the conversation by engaging with the UN.
- Text “STRONG” to 27722 to get Girl Up tips on how you can make a global impact and win exclusive prizes!
- Julia Roberts has taken a stand with the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves against unsafe cooking practices that cause indoor air pollution. See how cleaner, improved cookstoves can change lives for the better.
- Join the mHealth Alliance’s Health Unbound (HUB) community today to stay informed on how mobile technology transforms lives worldwide by helping families facilitate their healthcare.
- Raise your voice and spread the buzz about Nothing but Nets! Write a letter to your Congressman to support funding to end malaria-related deaths.
- Millions of people are living without power every day. Sign the pledge to Power the World through solar energy and support Sustainable Energy for All. We all need clean energy that doesn’t pollute.
- Read 31 amazing blog posts during Blogust, Shot@Life’s month-long blog relay for good. Comment on the posts and $20 is donated to help vaccinate a child!
- Join your local chapter of the United Nations Association of the United States of America.
- Subscribe to United Nations Foundation’s Global Connections blog and connect with the work being done every day to help people around the world!
You can never be too young to start caring about the world, and you’re never too old to make a difference. Join us this weekend to celebrate International Youth Day and help advocate for a better future!