This is a guest post by Joey Blumenfeld, Director, Corporate Social Responsibility at AOL.
To AOL, #GivingTuesday is more than just a day. AOL’s #GivingTuesday support raises awareness around the specific day while simultaneously seeking to build a larger culture of giving. Here’s how we’re chipping in:
- Donating 100 million+ impressions by spotlighting a different UN Foundation campaign via our most premium property, AOL.com every Tuesday in December – including #GivingTuesday, GirlUp, MAMA, Nothing But Nets and Shot@Life. Check out the ‘Make a Difference’ module on the right side of AOL.com every Tuesday of the month to see what cause we’re supporting and when!
- Featuring a month-long Huffington Post blog series here, devoted to #GivingTuesday with over 30 posts from a variety of contributors.
- Launching AOL’s Community Service Grant, an opportunity for AOL employees to submit their favorite non-profit for a chance to receive a $5,000 grant.
- Doubling AOL employee impact! Through AOL’s Matching Grants Program, AOL will double all employee donations.
- Being an official #GivingTuesday partner and providing strong social media coverage across AOL’s Twitter handles with a combined following of 100,000+
- Spreading the word – Lance Gould, Executive Special Projects Editor, Huffington Post is a #GivingTuesday advisor. He recently hosted a seminar in AOL’s NY office with #GivingTuesday’s founder, Henry Timms, inviting NGOs to learn how they can become involved in the movement
Even with this all this support, December 2nd is just the beginning. 365 days per year AOL offers its scale, content and technology to support its non-profit partners. We provide causes with access to our front doors like AOL.com and Huffington Post in order to reach and educate millions on both national and hyper-local levels. To date, we’ve provided over 60 billion pro bono impressions on behalf of over 500 non-profit partners! Let’s work together and make #GivingTuesday a way of being.
If you’d like learn more about AOL’s pro bono support and community relations work, please reach out to AOLCSR@teamaol.com and follow us on Twitter, @AOLCSR.