As the world gathers in Brazil for the World Cup, the +SocialGood community is exploring how global issues, sports, and social good intersect in a country that is fast emerging as one of the social media capitals of the world.
Throughout the week, experts, innovators, and representatives from the United Nations are discussing the big issues of our time and how we can work together toward the “world’s goals.”
The discussions will highlight:
- How people from around the world are promoting global partnerships that work to curb climate change, empower women, provide healthcare and eradicate poverty;
- Global and local champions working in Brazil; and
- How technology and innovative new partnerships are changing the landscape, both on and off the field.
How can you join the team?
1. Check out our Google+ Hangouts, which bring together bright minds to talk about issues including climate change, immunization, girls’ empowerment, poverty eradication, and the importance of partnership.
2. Watch videos highlighting programs and people in Brazil that are making progress on global challenges.
3. Join the conversation online using the hashtag #WorldGoals.
During the World Cup, the world comes together to root for their teams and watch athletes at their best. Now we have the opportunity to also cheer for progress on global challenges: a win-win!